Instagram

Friday, October 5, 2012

Ribs & Burgers - take 2

Ribs & Burgers
The Star Cafe Court
80 Pyrmont St, Pyrmont
02 9518 8825
ribsandburgers.com.au/

Our visit:14 September 2012


Paul had...

Original Burger - Cheese (vintage) & Bacon ($14.00)
160g beef patty, char-grilled and basted, iceberg lettuce, tomato, red onion, dill pickles, and pink & BBQ sauce

 



Our first experience at Ribs & Burgers wasn't ideal as our burgers were cooked inconsistently. We put this down to a busy first week of trade, so we went back and gave it another shot.

I can say that the burgers were still cooked inconsistently. Members of our group that ordered Butchers Choice burgers received burgers cooked from rare to well. On this occasion I went with the Original Burger which is char-grilled.

The short of it - char-grilled is not for me, well not this burger. The taste was a little overwhelming. I was reminded of one of those unfortunate BBQ experiences when you turn a quality piece of meat into a piece of charcoal. 

While I've had a good burger at this place, it's too inconsistent for me. Grill'd is only a few minutes down the road and it's always consistently good.   


Paul's score: 2/5


Kim had...

Dagwood



Well we went back to The Star (Ribs & Burgers) for our burger today – I tried the Dagwood burger – basically the same contents as the original burger with bacon, swiss cheese, egg & beetroot.
The wait for my burger this time was definitely less than last week, so I thought (hoped) that my beef patty would be well cooked…but I’m going to have to say that I didn’t enjoy my burger so much today. My bacon was burnt and patty wasn’t cooked properly - still too pink for my liking, also, due to extra juices from beef patty my bun ended up being soaked a little bit around the edges which made it hard to eat – I noticed that this time around there wasn’t much sauce in my burger which was a disappointment as I really liked the sauce. But I guess it just shows that it really was the sauce that made the burger good.

Next time I will decline coming here for burgers … probably stick to Grill’d if we are eating local…

Kim's Score:  2 out of 5

Until next time!
Kimzy


Marina had...

Original Burger with a Tropical Twist $14






The tropical twist came in the form of swiss cheese and pineapple which accompanied the beef patty, iceberg lettuce, red onion, dill pickles on a sesame seed bun.

This burger was huge and I did like it but the Original Burger with blue cheese from Ribs & Burgers was better.

Blue cheese please

Marina's score: 3.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment